We have successfully helped IBM in developing Linux for S/390 which was released to the public in Christmas 1999. We are now helping IBM to mature Linux for S/390 into an Enterprise class operating system.
For this project Aria Software is and continues to be responsible for developing ...
- All of the LCS Ethernet/Token Ring/FDDI driver.
- All of the kernel architecture dependent debugging/ptrace core dumping development.
- All of the architecture dependent parts of gdb ( the gnu source level debugger) aside from the bfd back end and the disassembler.
- All of the architecture-dependent signal handling.
- All of the architecture-dependent part of strace ( the syscall tracer).
- FPU exception handling in glibc & kernel & FPU scheduler support in kernel.
- A channel device layer to allow common code to be used to initialise all S390 channel devices ( LCS, Gigabit Ethernet, CTC, ESCON & CLAW ).
- A large portion of the smp bringup, general debugging improvement and troubleshooting.
Some of the project sourcecode is available here.
If you have projects of a similar nature which require development feel
free to contact us.
copyright 2000 aria software ireland
ltd - all rights reserved
Website Artwork by